Goal: Drive Educator Excellence through developing a cadre of educators and trainers who are environmentally literate and better prepared to be effective environmental educators.
- Deliver in-service educator training that builds on existing quality environmental education programs.
- Increase outreach to diverse populations (including geographical diversity).
- Increase delivery of wildlife and climate change professional development to in-service educators.
- Deliver pre-service educator training that enables faculty and instructors in education departments at colleges and universities to effectively include environmental education in their courses. Special emphasis on working with HBCU’s and Tribal colleges.
How to Apply
Your proposal can include a request for up to three (3) boxes of Project WILD, Aquatic WILD, or Climate & Wildlife Guides. If you request eight guides, you must provide training for 8 educators (formal, non-formal, college/university faculty, pre-service). If you have last-minute cancellations for your workshop and cannot train the numbers of educators you expected to, you must contact Elena Takaki to work something out and train the numbers you listed in your RFP. All training must be completed by May 31, 2024. Upon completion of your workshop, you must submit a final report (see links below), an agenda, and an attendee list. Not required, but strongly encouraged are: photos, presentations, flyers, etc.
- RFP - Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis until all funds are exhausted.
- Order Form - You MUST use this order form. Please submit this order form to THREE people: Silvana Yaroschuk (email@example.com), Jeff Yattaw (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Elena Takaki (email@example.com)
- Requirements - With your final report, you must submit the following:
- Attendee List
- Final Report - see links below
- Optional Documentation
- Photos - photo release form
- Flyers, etc.
- Demographics - While collecting this data is optional, EPA/NAAEE is asking us to prioritize collecting at least the Zip Code information. You can either ask participants to respond electronically (preferred), or you can print it out and scan and return to Elena at firstname.lastname@example.org with your final report.
Funding is being provided by an EPA ee360+ grant through the North American Association for Envrionmental Education. Please use the following logos and language during your workshop. (This will be updated as information becomes available).
Participating in this opportunity necessitates a final report. Please fill out one report for each workshop you do. You will have the option to upload supporting documents.
1A In-Service Final Report
1B Pre-Service Final Report