The commission may, by rule, treat any species as an endangered species or threatened species even though it is not listed pursuant to section 481B.3 if it finds that the species so closely resembles in appearance a species which is listed pursuant to section 481B.3 and that enforcement personnel would have substantial difficulty in attempting to differentiate between the listed and unlisted species, and the effect of this substantial difficulty is an additional threat to an endangered or threatened species, or finds that the treatment of an unlisted species will substantially facilitate the enforcement and further the intent of this chapter.
Citation: I.C.A. § 481B.6.
The director shall establish programs, including acquisition of land or aquatic habitat, necessary for the management of endangered or threatened species.
In carrying out the programs authorized by this section, the commission may enter into cooperative agreements with federal and state agencies, political subdivisions of the state, or with private persons for the administration and management of any area or program established under this section or for investigation as outlined in section 481B.3.
Citation: I.C.A. § 481B.4.
...9. “Take”, in reference to fish and wildlife, means to harass, harm, pursue, hunt, shoot, wound, kill, trap, capture, collect and it includes an attempt to engage in any such conduct.
10. “Take”, in reference to plants, means to collect, pick, cut, dig up or destroy in any manner...
Citation: I.C.A. § 481B.1.
Except as otherwise provided in this chapter or by rule, a person shall not take, possess, transport, import, export, process, sell or offer for sale, buy or offer to buy, nor shall a common or contract carrier transport or receive for shipment, any species of fish, plants, or wildlife appearing on the following lists which shall be adopted by rule of the commission:
1. The list of fish, plants, and wildlife indigenous to the state determined to be endangered or threatened within the state pursuant to section 481B.3.
2. The United States list of endangered or threatened native fish and wildlife as contained in 50 C.F.R. pt. 17 as amended to December 30, 1991.
3. The United States list of endangered or threatened plants as contained in 50 C.F.R. pt. 17 as amended to December 30, 1991.
4. The United States list of endangered or threatened foreign fish and wildlife as contained in 50 C.F.R. pt. 17 as amended to December 30, 1991.
Citation: I.C.A. § 481B.5.
A species of fish, plant, or wildlife appearing on any of the lists of endangered species or threatened species which enters the state from another state or from outside the territorial limits of the United States may enter, be transported, possessed, and sold in accordance with rules adopted by the commission.
Citation: I.C.A. § 481B.9.
1. Except for species listed as threatened or endangered under chapter 481B, a licensed bait dealer may take sufficient bait from lakes and streams of this state that are not closed to the taking of bait, to supply the licensee's customers for hook and line fishing if the licensee is present while the bait is being taken...
Citation: I.C.A. § 481A.145.
...3. A game breeder's license is not a license to possess, breed, propagate, sell, or dispose of any species which is defined as endangered or threatened under state law unless the species is listed on the license. Its possession, breeding, propagation, sale, and disposal are subject to all applicable state and federal statutes...
Citation: I.C.A. § 481A.61.