(1) “Office” means the Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves , created by KRS 146.430.
(2) “Endangered species” means any species of plant that is in danger of extirpation throughout all or a significant portion of its range within the Commonwealth, or any plant species determined to be an “endangered species” pursuant to the Endangered Species Act.
(3) “Endangered Species Act” means the Endangered Species Act of 1973, Public Law 93-205 (87 Stat. 884), as amended.
(4) “Plant” means any member of the plant kingdom, including seeds, roots, and other parts thereof.
(5) “Species” includes any species, subspecies, or variety of plant.
(6) “Threatened species” means any species of plant likely to become an endangered species within the foreseeable future throughout all or a significant portion of its range within the state, or any species of plant determined to be a “threatened species” pursuant to the Endangered Species Act.
(7) "Cabinet" means the Energy and Environment Cabinet.
Citation: KRS § 146.605.
...(42) “Wildlife” means any normally undomesticated animal, alive or dead, including without limitations any wild mammal, bird, fish, reptile, amphibian, or other terrestrial or aquatic life, whether or not possessed in controlled environment, bred, hatched, or born in captivity and including any part, product, egg, or offspring thereof, protected or unprotected by this chapter.
Citation: KRS § 150.010.