- Contribute to the implementation of the North American Waterfowl Management Plan (NAWMP) 2012 Revision to conserve priority landscapes for waterfowl habitat and to advance the human dimensions aspects of the Plan.
- Advance policies, legislation, and funding initiatives (North American Wetlands Conservation Act (NAWCA) and others) in support of wetland protection and restoration, with consideration of drought, water quality, and climate change issues.
- Fully implement the AFWA Action Plan for State Contributions to Waterfowl and Wetland Habitat Conservation Projects in Canada.
- Initiate and support wetland and waterfowl habitat information sharing with Congress, state, federal, and non-government organizations, and the public.
Minutes & Agendas
The Waterfowl Working Group meets two times per year at the AFWA Annual Meeting and the North American Wildlife & Natural Resources Conference. Meetings primarily focus on current issues relevant to wetlands, waterfowl habitat, implementation of the North American Waterfowl Management Plan (NAWMP) in Canada and the United States, and associated legislative, policy, and funding issues.
March 2019 North American Wildlife & Natural Resources Conference
Waterfowl Working Group - DRAFT Agenda
March 2018 North American Wildlife & Natural Resources Conference
Waterfowl Working Group - Agenda
September 2017 Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies Annual Meeting
Waterfowl Working Group - Agenda & Notes
- Task Force on State Contributions to North American Waterfowl Management Plan (NAWMP) Initiatives in Canada
- Federal Duck Stamp Task Team
- Water and Wildlife Task Team
Working Group Contact Information
AFWA Staff Contact
Working Group Chair
Jeff ver Steeg, Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Working Group Vice-Chair
Craig LeSchack, Ducks Unlimited Inc.
Task Force Report on State Contributions to Canada
Action Plan for State Contributions to Canada
2017 State Contributions to Canada Report
2016 State Contributions to Canada Report
2017 Habitat Matters - Canadian Report
2016 Habitat Matters - Canadian Report
2015 Duck Stamp Task Group Final Report
2015 Duck Stamp Task Group Recommendations