Visit the National Website at responsible-recreation.org
The objectives of the #ResponsibeRecreation campaign are to:
- Educate the public about how to enjoy nature and wildlife related activities including hunting and fishing in a manner consistent with best social distancing practices.
- Promote Responsible Recreation as a critical way to mitigate the stress and anxiety of the current COVID 19 crisis, supporting the health of Americans.
- Wherever possible keep public lands opens to Responsible Recreation as opposed to potential large-scale closures of public lands that may be perceived as a risk for spreading the COVID 19 virus.
- Mitigate the widespread economic damage the COVID 19 crisis is causing to its member agencies, partners and the outdoor recreation industry by reducing the public’s fear of outdoor recreation and encouraging the public to enjoy the outdoors in a manner consistent with public health best practices.
Staying safe outdoors during the pandemic means:
- Plan ahead; purchase licenses and park passes online, if available.
- Recreate close to home
- Adhere to best practices for avoiding COVID-19
- Follow state and federal guidelines
- Pack out your trash as a courtesy to others and to avoid the appearance of overuse
- Share your adventures in a respectful way on social outlets
Other Useful Links:
- Executive Director Video Challenge- TAKE THE PLEDGE
- To purchase an Alliance for America’s Fish & Wildlife t-shirt or face mask go to: recoverwildlife.com
- To learn more about the Alliance for America’s Fish & Wildlife campaign to pass the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act go to:ournatureusa.com