All ungulates which are purchased, propagated, confined, released, or sold by a licensed hunting preserve shall be free of diseases considered significant for wildlife, poultry, or livestock. The department of agriculture and land stewardship shall provide for the regulation of farm deer as provided in chapter 170.
Citation: I.C.A. § 484B.12.
All game birds, including breeders and nonbreeders; or their chicks or unhatched eggs either purchased, propagated, confined, released, or sold by a licensed hunting preserve shall be free of diseases considered significant for wildlife, poultry, or livestock and shall comply with all game bird, mallard, and turkey requirements as designated by the national poultry improvement plan (NPIP) and in accordance with the United States department of agriculture and requirements of the Iowa department of agriculture and land stewardship.
Citation: I.C.A. § 484B.11.
6. Any officer of the commission may enter any place where any game bird, game animal, or fur-bearing animal is at the time located, or where it has been kept, or where the carcass of such animal may be, for the purpose of examining it in any way that may be necessary to determine whether it was or is infected with any contagious or infectious disease.
7. For the purpose of this section, infectious and contagious disease includes rabies, hoof-and-mouth disease, leptospirosis, blackhead, or any other communicable disease so designated by the commission.
8. The commission may regulate or prohibit the importation into the state and exportation from the state of any species of game bird, game animal, or fur-bearing animal, domesticated or not, which in its opinion, for any reason, is determined to be detrimental to the health of animals within or without the state.
9. The commission may quarantine or destroy any game bird, game animal, or fur-bearing animal which is found to be infected with any contagious or infectious disease.
10. A licensed game breeder or other person having control of any game bird, game animal, or fur-bearing animal shall not knowingly offer for sale, sell, or barter such birds or animals which have an infectious or contagious disease, or allow those birds or animals to run at large or come in contact with any other game birds, game animals, or fur-bearing animals.
Citation: I.C.A. § 481A.62.