Sec. 15. The director may permit, under the terms and conditions that are prescribed by rule, the taking, possession, transportation, exportation, or shipment of species or subspecies of wildlife that have been designated by rule as in need of management or appear on the:
(1) state list of endangered species;
(2) United States list of endangered native fish and wildlife, as amended;
(3) list of wildlife added under section 13 of this chapter; or
(4) United States list of endangered foreign fish and wildlife, as modified after July 26, 1973;
for scientific, zoological, or educational purposes, for propagation in captivity of the wildlife, or for other special purposes.
Citation: IC 14-22-34-15.
Sec. 16. (a) Upon good cause shown, and if necessary to alleviate damage to property or to protect human health, endangered species or species in need of management may be removed, captured, or destroyed:
(1) except as provided in subsection (b), under a permit issued by the director; and
(2) if possible, by or under the supervision of an agent of the department.
(b) An endangered species or a species in need of management may be removed, captured, or destroyed without a permit by a person in an emergency situation involving an immediate threat to human life.
(c) The director shall adopt rules under section 7 of this chapter for the removal, capture, or destruction of nongame species for the purposes set forth in this section.
Citation: IC 14-22-34-16.
Sec. 18. The provisions of this chapter prohibiting the taking, possessing, transportation, exporting, processing, sale, or offer to sell do not apply to wildlife in the possession of a person in Indiana on July 26, 1973.
Citation: IC 14-22-34-18.