(a) In any prosecution under this section, it shall be a defense that plants or the flowers, roots, bulbs, or other plant parts transported, carried, or conveyed, or sold or offered for sale, by the party were legally imported from another country.
(b) In any prosecution under this section involving the destruction or harvesting of any plant on the Threatened Plant List, or one or two plants on the Commercially Exploited Plant List, without written permission, it shall be an affirmative defense that actual permission was given prior to the destruction or harvesting.
(c) In any prosecution under this section involving the destruction or harvesting of any plant on the Endangered Plant List, or three or more plants on the Commercially Exploited Plant List, without written permission and a permit, it shall be an affirmative defense that written permission and a permit had been granted prior to the destruction or harvesting.
(7) Sales by nurserymen.--Licensed, certified nurserymen who grow from seeds or by vegetative propagation any of the native plants on the Regulated Plant Index, as provided in rules of the department, are specifically permitted to sell these commercially grown plants and shall not be in violation of this section if they do so, as it is the intent of this section to preserve and encourage the propagation of these native plants which are rapidly disappearing from the state...
Citation: West's F.S.A. § 581.185.
...(3) Regulation of comprehensive plan structures and facilities.--
(a) This subsection applies to all project components, as defined in s. 373.1501, identified in the comprehensive plan unless the project component is otherwise subject to s. 373.4592, s. 373.4595, or the department's rules on reuse of reclaimed water. Permits issued under this subsection are in lieu of all other permits required under this chapter or chapter 403, except for permits issued under any delegated or approved federal program.
(b) The department shall issue a permit for a term of 5 years for the construction, operation, modification, or maintenance of a project component based on the criteria set forth in this section. If the department is the entity responsible for the construction, operation, modification, or maintenance of any individual project component, the district shall issue a permit for a term of 5 years based on the criteria set forth in this section. The permit application must provide reasonable assurances that:...
4. Any impacts to wetlands or threatened or endangered species resulting from implementation of the project component will be avoided, minimized, and mitigated, as appropriate.
Citation: West's F.S.A. § 373.1502.
(1) Subject to the conditions set forth therein, any certification shall constitute the sole license of the state and any agency as to the approval of the location of the site and any associated facility and the construction and operation of the proposed electrical power plant, except for the issuance of department licenses required under any federally delegated or approved permit program and except as otherwise provided in subsection (4).
(a) The certification shall authorize the licensee named therein to construct and operate the proposed electrical power plant, subject only to the conditions of certification set forth in such certification, and except for the issuance of department licenses or permits required under any federally delegated or approved permit program.
1. Except as provided in subsection (4), the certification may include conditions which constitute variances, exemptions, or exceptions from nonprocedural requirements of the department or any agency which were expressly considered during the proceeding, including, but not limited to, any site specific criteria, standards, or limitations under local land use and zoning approvals which affect the proposed electrical power plant or its site, unless waived by the agency and which otherwise would be applicable to the construction and operation of the proposed electrical power plant.
2. No variance, exemption, exception, or other relief shall be granted from a state statute or rule for the protection of endangered or threatened species, aquatic preserves, Outstanding National Resource Waters, or Outstanding Florida Waters or for the disposal of hazardous waste, except to the extent authorized by the applicable statute or rule or except upon a finding in the certification order that the public interests set forth in s. 403.509(3) in certifying the electrical power plant at the site proposed by the applicant overrides the public interest protected by the statute or rule from which relief is sought...
Citation: West's F.S.A. § 403.511.
...(6) Construction and maintenance of electric transmission or distribution lines in wetlands by electric utilities, as defined in s. 366.02, shall be authorized by general permit provided the following provisions are implemented:...
(e) The proposed construction and clearing shall not adversely affect threatened and endangered species...
Citation: West's F.S.A. § 403.814.
(1)(d)...The commission may:
1. Issue a special permit or loan agreement to a person, firm, or corporation to possess a marine turtle species or hatchling, or parts thereof, including nests or eggs, for scientific, education, or exhibition purposes, or for conservation activities such as the relocation of nests, eggs, or marine turtles or hatchlings away from construction sites. Notwithstanding other provisions of law, the commission may issue such special permit or loan agreement to a properly accredited person as defined in paragraph (c) for the purposes of marine turtle conservation.
2. Adopt rules pursuant to chapter 120 to prescribe terms, conditions, and restrictions for marine turtle conservation, and to permit the possession of marine turtle species or hatchlings, or parts thereof, including nests or eggs.
Citation: Fla. Stat. § 379.2431.