Notwithstanding ORS 496.004, with respect to state agency actions taken under ORS 496.171 to 496.182 after July 17, 1995, as used in ORS 496.171 to 496.182:
(1) “Conservation” means the use of methods and procedures necessary to bring a species to the point at which the measures provided under ORS 496.171 to 496.182 are no longer necessary. Such methods and procedures include, but are not limited to, activities associated with scientific resource management such as research, census taking, law enforcement, habitat acquisition and maintenance, propagation and transplantation.
(2) "Native" means indigenous to Oregon, not introduced.
(3) “Species” means any group or population of wildlife that interbreeds and is substantially reproductively isolated.
(4) “Verifiable” means scientific information reviewed by a scientific peer review panel of outside experts who do not otherwise have a vested interest in the process.
Citation: O.R.S. § 496.171.
As used in ORS 564.100 to 564.135:
(1) “Department” means the State Department of Agriculture.
(2) “Director” means the Director of Agriculture.
(3) “Endangered species” means:
(a) Any native plant species determined by the department to be in danger of extinction throughout any significant portion of its range.
(b) Any native plant species listed as an endangered species pursuant to the federal Endangered Species Act of 1973 (P.L. 93-205, 16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq.), as amended.
(4) “Plant” means any member of the plant kingdom, including the seeds, roots or parts thereof, native to this state.
(5) “Species” means any species or its subspecies or variety, whichever is the first taxonomic subspecific category for the plant in question...
(7) “Threatened species” means:
(a) Any native plant species the director determines by a finding of fact is likely to become an endangered species within the foreseeable future throughout any significant portion of its range.
(b) Any native plant species listed as a threatened species pursuant to the federal Endangered Species Act of 1973 (P.L. 93-205, 16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq.), as amended.
Citation: O.R.S. § 564.100.