1. To assure state, Provincial, and Territorial fish and wildlife agencies are appraised of pending CITES issues and can respond.
2. To provide a streamlined approach to requesting changes in federal (Canadian policies when appropriate) and/or international policies to accommodate state, Provincial, and Territorial fish and wildlife agency needs.
3. To provide biological and administrative information to assist the federal government(s) in executing its (their) international responsibilities.
4. To minimize unnecessary oversight and restrictions to state, Provincial and Territorial fish and wildlife agency authority as a result of CITES and other conventions as they relate to CITES’ issues.
5. To support sustainable use principles and the North American Model internationally.
6. To ensure the federal government(s) understands and reacts positively to the needs and authority of state fish and wildlife agencies as it relates to CITES.
AFWA Staff Contact
Work Group Members
Rick Jacobson - Northeast Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Carolyn Caldwell - Midwest Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Buddy Baker - Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Jim deVos - Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies